Raise your hand if you’re on the edge of your seat right now because of all the recession hype on the news? Don’t be afraid. Let those hands fly. Many people are nervous right now because of inflation, high-interest rates, and the slightly negative growth we saw last quarter. And, yes, if it continues for the next quarter, we could see a recession, but a very mild one at that. The thing is, recessions are a normal part of the economic cycle. They are not catastrophic to your wealth, and you don’t have to go DEFCON 5 on your investment decisions.
With that said, in a new episode of A Place of Possibility™, we are going to be talking about all things recession. We will talk about,
- What a recession actually is
- The economic cycles and what leads to a recession
- The history of recessions and what we’ve learned
- Why you can’t rely on the stock market for investment decisions
Our goal with this episode is to help ease your mind. No matter what happens, you will endure, and if you don’t make any drastic changes to your portfolio, you will make out pretty good on the other end – history has proven so! We can’t wait to share our insights with you and hope that you will pass this episode on to your family and friends.
P.S. Looking to meet with Richard or Angela at our office in Alamo, Ca? Want to discuss more of what you heard in this episode? Wondering where the heck you need to get started or what all of this means for your retirement plans? Scheduled free 30-minute session and find the peace of mind you deserve for the rest of your life. You can also reach by calling 925.736.6410 or send an email to Info@APlaceOfPossibility.com.
“These things are not catastrophic. Recessions are not catastrophic to your wealth. They just aren’t. You have to be able to hold your nose and deal with it because look at what happens afterward, right? I mean, these huge periods of expansion! If you just remember that the cycle does go back up again.”
We’re proud to present you with our “Know Your Possibilities Guide,” a tool and free resource for you to take notes, review, keep on hand, or even share with your friends and family. So grab your copy, click the play button and follow along. You’re just minutes away from discovering your next Place of Possibility.
A Glance at this Episode:
2:11 Our goal with this episode is to help fight the recession fear and encourage you to make wiser investment-related decisions. So, let’s dive in.
What is a recession?
5:04 Let’s take a closer look at economic cycles and what might lead to a recession.
6:58 Next, let’s talk about the fed and tools that impact interest rates.
8:54 The fed has been super successful at managing the economy, the recessions have been much less severe, but that excludes black swan events. Let’s discuss.
10:00 Who determines when a recession happens?
11:21 Now, let’s talk about the difference between a depression and a recession. Is there one? Yes!
12:59 This next part is for our history buffs out there. We’re going to dive into the history of recessions to gain more perspective.
24:30 So, what does this history lesson tell us? Let’s review.
27:50 You can’t rely on the stock market to predict when you should or shouldn’t invest. Start listening now to hear more about what investors should do.
29:46 We might have a contraction in our GDP, but these two factors aren’t indicative of a typical recession. Press play now to find out.
32:41 Something that’s more likely to happen? A personal recession. Here’s what you need to know.
34:50 Q&A: How bad do we think inflation will get?
Rate, Review, and Follow Us!
“I LOVE Richard, Angela, and A Place of Possibility Podcast!” Sounds like you? Then we hope you will consider rating and reviewing the show. Your support will help us expand possibilities and opportunities to more individuals and families out there like you who want to keep, grow, and enjoy their wealth. So follow this link, scroll down, and then click to select five stars and write a review. This show is all about YOU so tell us what you love and want to hear more of!
Haven’t subscribed to the podcast yet? What are you waiting for? Your financial wellness depends on it! Okay, that might be a little dramatic, but we don’t want you to miss a minute of our insights or all of the freebies coming your way. Subscribe Now!
Links/Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- A History of Market Ups and Downs Graphic
- A Place of Possibility™ 20: Yes Cash is Still King and Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Leave it in the Bank
- Ensure your family’s wealth will live on for generations to come. Order your copy of Endless Inheritance by Richard Del Monte today! https://aplaceofpossibility.com/endlessinheritance
- Ready to become a better investor? We’ve got the strategies you need. Download a FREE copy of our e-book, “Evidence-Based Investment Insights.” https://aplaceofpossibiltiy.com/evidencebasedinsights
- Del Monte Group offers a variety of free resources to help you make innovative and educated financial decisions so that you can keep, grow, and enjoy your wealth starting now. Find them by visiting https://aplaceofpossibility.com/resources.
- “One-size-fits-all” won’t fit you here! The Del Monte Group team understands that everyone’s financial goals are unique. That’s why we always provide customized advice. No matter where you are in life, you can depend on our proven expertise to provide financial planning support for long-term success. Ready to get started? Schedule a meeting with Richard or Angela in our Alamo, CA based office today or we can meet via Zoom! >> You can select a date and time that works for you via our calendar, call us at 925.736.6410, or send an email to Info@APlaceOfPossibility.com. We can’t wait to help you!